Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oktoberfest?

As I'm sitting here trying to brain storm ideas of what to blog about, the only thing that keeps running through my head is Oktoberfest so, Oktoberfest it is.

This weekend is one of the biggest weekends in La crosse. Sadly some people probably look forward to Oktoberfest more than Christmas or other important events. I've been in the Lacrosse area my whole life, and went to a few parades he and there, but it was nothing big to me. I recently moved to Lacrosse this summer with a few friends and I have a feeling that it just might be a different story this year....

I view Oktoberfest as one BIG beer fest, where college students from all around the state come home for this time of the year. I'm not really sure the real meaning behind Oktoberfest, something to do with celebrating the German hertiage? People dancing around to german music, eating kraut and drinking beer?  One thing I do know is that there is a lot of intoxication involved.

Sadly there will probably be a few deaths due to the drunkeness, and a few DUI'S, and a few more arrests, people go crazy over this so called "holiday".

3 comments:

  1. Dare you disgrace our heritage? jk. I think it might also have something to do with celebrating the harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certainly not dissing! Just saying, some people go a little bit over board. Last night when I was out i heard that a kid was in the river, he got pulled out thank god. crazyness! ( btw, i LOVE brats, so def. NOT dissing)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats true october fest is fun. I have never been to it before moving here from minnesota. I had a blast and will have to do it again.

    ReplyDelete