Monday, September 13, 2010

narrative

I have played basketball my whole life, and when I was in eighth grade Luther High held the annual LALSAC tournament. We had made it to the championship game, we were playing Nodine who had been our rival all year. It was close all game, and soon enough the fourth quarter rolled around, there was 15 seconds left. We just had stolen the ball and had to inbound it. I inbounded the ball and threw it to the other team! My heart was racing and I thought to my self, "Oh my gosh, what did I just do?!". The other team went in for a layup and missed. We then rebounded the ball and took it back to our side of the court, there was 5 seconds left and we needed a 3 point shot. Devin was the best three point shooter on the team, and as we passed it around for a few seconds we were desperate for a shot. Devin shot a three pointer, and made the winning shot. Everyone went crazy! We had just won the championship game, might I add that West Salem hadn't won since our mothers were in that same tournament! The team was very excited and we went out to celebrate that night.

5 comments:

  1. The clutch shot of the finals. It always means so much to all the players on the winning team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this so much more than the stuff about cell phones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, haha! I enjoyed it a little more too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this one alot. I can relate to it because i love sports and play basketball too. I have a simalar story to in 5th grade we won the champioship in 4 ots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love basketball, I only played last year, but it's a great game. I hve had a few encounters where i had made a mistake like the one you did, well it didn't turn out to be that bad for you, but i normally wasn't so fortunate. Btw, i like dodges, that was my first truck... dodge ram 3500 cummins turbo diesel :)

    ReplyDelete